Cancer Support in Newcastle
Hunter Cancer Centre provides a broad range of services to assist patients, their families and carers with the physical, emotional and financial impacts a cancer diagnosis can bring.
Hunter Cancer Centre has a social worker along with an onsite Cancer Council Information Service to assist patients and their loved ones at this stressful and often frightening time.
Cancer Council Information Service Volunteers can assist cancer patients, their families and carers to access the following services:
- Information on all types of cancer including diagnosis, surgery, treatment, side effects, self-care, supportive care and palliative care
- Transport assistance
- Legal & financial assistance
- Help at home
- Cancer Support Groups
- Peer Support program
- Carer support
- Survivorship programs;
- Living Well After Cancer program
- Healthy Living After Cancer telephone coaching service
- ENRICH Exercise & Healthy